BSNL Karnataka has always been a front runner in offering new services and logging into new platforms like twitter to serve customers. The prepaid self-care portal is one such initiative that offers nice features for GSM consumers. The site has been up and running for few months now and I am writing this quick review after experiencing different features there.
The site allows consumers to enjoy the following facilities:
- Viewing current status of registered prepaid numbers – information like validity, free SMS count, active STV details etc.
- Previous recharge records
- An up-to-date list of all types of vouchers including special offers provided by BSNL Karnataka
- Facility to block/unblock numbers
- Recharge through voucher PIN or existing prepaid balance. Plan voucher recharges are also allowed
- Ability to register and de-register numbers
The site is well designed and the features work flawlessly. Security is also well taken care of – registration of new numbers can be done only through OTPs and recharges through prepaid balance also requires OTP that would be sent to that number.
A good effort from BSNL Karnataka and we wish to see similar offerings from other BSNL Circles. A similar offering exists for North Zone subscribers but we could not test it.
Access BSNL Karnataka Selfcare: http://gsmprepaid.genext.bsnl.co.in/