When it comes to accessing and compiling the data about the telecom industry, there are a few results that the users and the companies rely on. For speed tests, it is usually the names like Fast.com from Netflix, Ookla and other websites. But, when it comes to obtaining all-round data about the telecom industry, including subscriber base, network quality and others, the report from Tutela is trusted. Now, Tutela also releases a lot of reports for the companies and the users alike to know the status of the networks and the overall experience that the users are getting. This time around Tutela has published the Mobile Experience Report for the month of November 2019, based on data collected in the August to October 2019, period. Tutela has published various metrics to measure the quality of the network and the performance that various telecom operators are offering.
Consistent Quality Percentages
In terms of consistent quality percentages, which basically tells us what was the percentage of excellent quality, core quality or the standards which were not met. In this parameter, the networks which were able to stream 1080p HD video streaming, Skype video calling, or multiplayer online gaming were considered under the Excellent tag. In contrast, other level of network performance titled core emulated moderately-intensive use cases – web browsing, social media applications, or standard- definition video streaming. On this parameter, Airtel stood on the first position with 58% Excellent performance and 89.8% Core performance. Vodafone had 48.5% Excellent performance and 82.4% core performance. Jio, on the other hand, had 47.5% Excellent performance and 85.7% core performance.
Percentage of Network Under 4G
The Tutela report also summed up what percentage of the network from a particular telecom operator was under 4G. In this regard, there were no surprises, as Reliance Jio has the most 4G network with 99.6% of the network under 4G. On the second spot was Bharti Airtel with 86.6% 4G network and 13.4% of the 3G network. Vodafone had a 71.5% 4G markup, whereas, BSNL had the worst 4G composition with only 9.6% of the network under 4G and the rest 90.4% of the network under 3G.
Now coming to one of the major highlights of the report which shows the speeds of the telecom operators and how much download or upload speeds, the subscribers of these telecom operators enjoy. In this case, Bharti Airtel had the lead with 7.7 Mbps download speed, and 3.3 Mbps upload speed. Vodafone ranked on the second number with 6.3 Mbps of download speed and 3.6 Mbps of upload speed. Idea had 5.5 Mbps of download speed and 3.2 Mbps of upload speed. Jio had could not rank amongst the top in this regard owing to the 4.9 Mbps download speed, and 3.1 Mbps upload speed.
Latency in Networks
In the latency tests also, Airtel fared the best with 26.2ms, and Jio was ranking second with 27.6ms. These telcos were closely followed by Vodafone and Idea. Whilst BSNL had the worst latency with 45.0ms. In most of India, the Airtel network ranked the first in terms of consistent core quality. There were some regions like Mizoram, Sikkim and Andaman and Nicobar, where BSNL had the best services. In Himachal Pradesh, however, the Jio network ranked on top in terms of consistent core quality. In region-wise comparison of consistent core quality, Airtel ranked on top with Jio following on the hems closely of the telecom operator.