They have soft launched their service currently in five major cities in India namely Delhi, Mumbai,Chennai, Hyderabad & Bengaluru.
The TV commercial of the service are already on air for the last few days.With the launch of the service they have also introduced an free trial offer for all Aircel customers in the above following cities.
All Aircel users can enjoy free wireless Internet at a blazing-fast speed and an enhanced user experience at all Aircel Wi-Fi Zones, before 20th Feb, 2011.
But prior to that you need to understand what is Aircel Wi-Fi!
Aircel Wi-Fi is a service that allows you to browse the Internet without connecting to broadband via wired connection. Through Wi-Fi you can access the Internet just about anywhere at any time, without using wires.
1. 50,000 Wi-Fi zones across India
2. Choose your plans as per your need
3. Secure access to protect your data
4. High speed access @ 512kbps
5. Unlimited downloads in each session (FUP of 30MB/hour)
How to access:
At any of the Aircel Wi-Fi zones, simply connect to the internet with any Wi-Fi enabled device - smartphones, laptops, netbooks or tablets. Then, choose your session time as per your need, and that's it, you'll be connected!.
All you need to do is:
1. Go to your nearest Aircel Wi-Fi Zone and switch on the Wi-Fi on your laptop or mobile.
2. On the welcome screen, just click on New User.
3. Enter your details along your Aircel mobile number to acquire a User ID and Password via SMS.
4. Then simply use these details to log in to your account.
Post the free trial offer, the Wi-Fi service will be charged hourly plan of Rs.15 the charges would be adjusted against your postpaid bill or would be deducted from your prepaid balance.