Nokia has come up with a new Mobile Chat application under its Nokia Messaging Service (NMS) to offer new Instant messaging (IM) and Social Networking Services for its handset users.
This new client is designed and available for Nokia E55, E63, E71 E72, E75, Nokia N97, Nokia N97 mini and Nokia 5630 Xpress Music, Nokia 5730 Xpress Music, Nokia 6730 Classic, Nokia 6720 Classic, Nokia 6760 Slide, Nokia 6790 Slide/Surge and Nokia N86 8MP.
The new Chat Client for N97 and N97 mini has come up with feedback focused on an efficient user experience.
Nokia Messaging makes it easy to mobilize consumer email, IM and social networking across a range of Nokia devices. If you haven’t used Nokia Messaging before, be sure to visit the Nokia Messaging site to learn more about setting up email, IM and social networking on your device. Be sure to also try the Social Networks beta for easy access to Facebook and Twitter.
Nokia Messaging for IM offers a desktop-like IM experience on your Nokia device. You can stay in contact with your friends across multiple communities at the same time, easily switch between them and customize your status by community.
- Chat with your friends on the Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, Google Talk and Ovi communities.
- Easily change your custom status, avatar (picture) and switch between conversations and communities with just a few taps on touch-based devices.
- Preview new messages in the Chat home screen widget. When signed in to multiple communities, the widget will cycle between them. You can also change your presence within the widget itself.
- Quickly navigate through multiple conversations across different communities.
- Login as ‘invisible’ – you see everyone but they see you as ‘offline’
- You’ll be notified of new messages even when Chat is in the background, for true multitasking on your phone
- Familiar and integrated community experience: Microsoft, Yahoo!, Google and Ovi-specific emoticons, graphics, and sounds.
- Rapidly set your status message and your availability
- See your friends’ avatars and set your own using the camera or an image from your gallery (for Windows Live Messenger , Gtalk and Ovi communities).
- Save conversations to remember your chat sessions
- Create a free Ovi account right from the device
- Timestamps within the conversation view.
The Nokia Messaging for IM client is also pre-installed (may not be available in all regions) on S40-based devices such as the Nokia 6700 Classic, Nokia 6303 Classic, Nokia 6303i Classic, Nokia 6600i Slide, Nokia 7020, Nokia 7320, Nokia 5330 Mobile TV, Nokia 3710 Fold, Nokia 2730 Classic, Nokia 2170 Classic, Nokia 2690, and Nokia X3.